Rudolf Saliger stands in the annals of construction history as a pioneer of Austrian reinforced concrete construction. After completing his studies, he worked in the bridge construction office and the track construction management of the Südbahngesellschaft. His career path took him to Germany via a position in the Upper Austrian State Construction Service.
In 1908 Saliger was appointed Associate Professor of Construction Mechanics and Ferroconcrete at the German Technical University in Prague, and a year later Full Professor of Ferroconcrete and Statics at the Vienna Technical University, where Saliger worked until his retirement in 1940. He was an expert in the field of reinforced concrete, his expertise based both on his work as a civil engineer and on scientific work.
Saliger’s work was reflected both in Austria and internationally. In Vienna, his involvement in numerous well-known buildings can be traced, including the Dianabad, the Vienna Stadium, the high-rise building in Herrengasse, the Reichsbrücke and the film studios on Rosenhügel.